Job ID: 113006
Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular / St.Vincent Heart Center - 106th N. Meridian St. / Multiple Units, Shifts & Schedules Available
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with the vital calling to treat patients suffering from heart diseases and conditions? As a Cardiac Care Nurse, you have a desire to be challenged and excel in intense, fast-paced environments. St. Vincent Heart Center is a hospital that offers some of the most advanced cardiovascular care in the world.
At St. Vincent, nursing is more than a job; it’s a calling with a purpose of caring, healing and hope. If you have an overwhelming desire to make a difference, we invite you to apply now to join our community of extraordinary nurses, physicians and other multi-disciplinary staff dedicated to healthcare that focuses on the whole person—body, mind and spirit. Once you apply, we will be in touch to learn more about your calling to serve and your shift and schedule preferences.
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) - Cardiovascular
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Facility: St. Vincent Heart Center
Shift: Multiple Night, Evening, and Day Shift Available
Schedules: Multiple Full-Time (FT), Part-time (PT) and PRN Schedules Available
Departments: Multiple Cardiovascular (CV) Units Available
Progressive Critical Care / Cardiac step down (full time night shift currently available)
Cardiovascular (CV) Critical Care (full time day and night shift currently available)
Cardiovascular (CV) Surgery (full time day shift currently available)
Cardiovascular (CV) Emergency
The RN-Staff provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Minimum Qualification: Basic Life Support (BLS) certification obtained within thirty days of hire date to position.
- Minimum Qualification: Valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the State of Indiana obtained upon hire date to position.
- Preferred Qualification: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Minimum Qualification: Associate's Degree in Nursing obtained by date of hire.
- Preferred Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Preferred Qualification: Graduated from a nursing program accredited through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Preferred Qualification: One year of experience working as a Registered Nurse (RN).
How To Apply
To apply for a position online, click the "Apply Now" button.
You may also apply at one of our Employment Kiosks. Call 1-855-562-2824 to find the kiosk nearest you.
Our online application system may not be compatible with non-Windows based operating systems (iPhones, iPads, or Mac computers) or non-Internet Explorer browsers. To optimize your user experience, we recommend utilizing a personal computer with Window Internet Explorer 8 to search and apply for career opportunities.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at 1-855-562-2824 between the hours of 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST M-F.
The Spirit of Caring
Equal Employment Opportunity
St.Vincent is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Disability/Vet. Please click the link below for more information.
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent, a member of Ascension Health, participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)