Job ID: 179637
RN / RN Case Manager Gallatin, TN FT\Days
Regular / Day
Additional Job Information
Title: RN / RN Case Manager
City, State: Gallatin TN
Location: Saint Thomas Medical Partners
300 Steam Plant Rd, Suite 300
Gallatin, TN 37066
Department: Care Management Nashville
Additional Job Details: Full-Time,Day, 40 hours,Weekly
Ascension Health is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world’s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
In FY2015, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Approximately 160,000 associates and 36,000 aligned providers serve in 2,000 sites of care – including 137 hospitals and more than 30 senior living facilities – in 24 states and the District of Columbia.
In addition to healthcare delivery, Ascension subsidiaries provide a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
One of the things that makes healthcare great is the relationship between a patient and their provider. At Ascension Care Management, we are pleased to support this relationship through partnerships between our network providers, Ascension’s St. Thomas Medical Partners, and specialized Ascension Care Management care team members. This is new and exciting work, driven by the transition to valued based care, and rooted in the desire for all patients to have high quality care with better outcomes at a lower cost. We are seeking healthcare professionals, we call Health Partners, which are able to think differently about how to interact with and support both providers and patients in an office setting. Our Health Partners coach, educate, navigate and break down barriers for our patients, all while using their clinical expertise to make the most meaningful impacts. If you are looking for an environment where learning is key, questions are encouraged, change is embraced, and patients come first then consider joining our growing company. Ascension Care Management… the way healthcare should be.
As an RN Case Manager, you’ll be:
- Working directly in the St. Thomas Medical Partners primary care office setting.
- Collaborating with an interdisciplinary healthcare team at least weekly in order to develop comprehensive care plans and health goals for patients.
- Assuring that members are making full use of the MissionPoint network, and suggesting additions to that network to assure the best health outcomes for our members.
- Coordinating network resources to demonstrate financial stewardship.
- Developing, executing and coordinating member’s plan of care, with an emphasis on the most complicated cases.
- Using qualitative and population data to design processes and programs that support MissionPoint and the patients it serves.
- Identifying members and episodes (such as care transitions) that would most benefit from care coordination based on program objectives and members’ risk.
- Developing and executing members’ plan of care including appropriate protocols and care paths for all level of clinical complexity.
- Providing care coordination of plan of care, including member’s additional care needs.
- Helping members develop and define health goals.
- Communicating goals and patient status to partners of the member’s healthcare team, often acting as patient advocate.
- Using appropriate IT platforms to communicate and store information and evaluate outcomes.
- Systemically working with others in Ascension Care Management’s network to ensure we are engaging patients throughout the network and at each point of care, healing, and wellness.
- Identifying opportunities for and provision of elements of health maintenance and population management including wellness and activation objectives for both the population and individual member.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Drivers License obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Nurse Practitioner license obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date OR Registered Nurse license obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Associates or Bachelor's
- Associate Degree
- Associates degree in health related field required. Bachelors degree in health related field preferred.
- At least two years in nursing in health related field required, preference in case management, acute care or home care setting.
Monday-Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm shift (or as determined by office location hours)
This is a salaried position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.